The core of the Preschool (3 years old) Curriculum focuses on teaching self-awareness and fostering independence by helping your child master their self-help skills. Preschool is a step towards the independence of each child and we embrace the forging of new relationships with peers and teachers as an essential stepping stone for the child. The classroom is organized into learning pods designed to give children learning opportunities through play. Hands on, interactive activities allow the children a chance to explore, predict, test, and interact with a wide range of materials. Our Preschool children develop problem-solving skills, pre-writing skills and pre-reading readiness, and creativity through dramatic play and art. Children learn to make choices, share materials, and work together.
Our classroom has a maximum of 10-12 students with 2 teachers in the classroom. Our small class ratios help provide caring supervision of the students so they stay safe while they learn and play.
- STREAM (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics)
- Dallas Diocese Curriculum Standards
- Preliterate-Transitional writing skills
- Pre-Reading Readiness and Alphabetic Principles
- Monthly thematic units
- Outdoor learning and play (1-1.5 hours)
- Weekly Enrichment: Chapel, Art, and Science Lab
- Outdoor nature studies
- Learning pods: construction, kitchen, dramatic play, reading, puzzles, creative writing, manipulatives
- Outdoor music and movement
- Language arts and story time
Parent Brightwheel App Notifications
- Weekly photos
- Weekly summary of classroom activities